Sunday, July 4, 2010

About this blog

Some time ago, I agreed to write reviews of new CTS (Catholic Truth Society) booklets for our diocesan paper, The Voice.

Many were published, but the paper is being re-thought, and so there is a hiatus at present.

But the CTS continues to send me review copies, (far more than the paper would accept reviews of) and I don't want to cancel, as the Voice may need more reviews at some stage.

So to assuage my guilt, I decided to send the CTS a donation, and start this blog, so that review copies are being reviewed!

I will start by posting reviews which have already appeared in The Voice, and then write some fresh ones for the blog. I will also add reviews of other Catholic books I value.

Others are welcome to send me reviews of CTS or other Catholic books which they would like posted: I reserve absolute rights to post them or not according to my own subjective and arbitrary judgements...

5 comments:

  1. Admirable goal for a Blog. Congratulations.

    May I suggest you extend beyond CTS books. Have you read/reviewed "I am with you" by Father John Woolley? It's a collection of divine inspirations as given to Father John in prayer. ISBN 0 950 8840-7-3

    Or if you're really desperate - try my book.

    Both available from Amazon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victor

    Thanks for the comment. I will move beyond CTS books in time, but as I mentioned in this post, the first purpose of the blog is to assuage my guilt with regard to the pile of review copies the CTS has sent me, so until that objective is met, you can expect the focus to be on CTS publications (which are very good!)

    So it may be while till I get round to Fr Woolley's book - or yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - Victor, you could always write a review of either - or both - and in keeping with my principle of arbitrary arbitration I may or may no post either or both....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victor

    Thanks for your reviews. I have chosen not to publish the one of I Am With You, as it does not meet the criterion of being a Catholic (as in Roman Catholic) book, which is the remit of this site. My latest post refers.

    For which reason I would need to know if your book is a Roman Catholic (as opposed to 'Christian', 'Interdenominational' etc book in order to decide whether to publicise it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am Roman Catholic and the book is Roman Catholic based.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete